GPO SPEAKS ON HIS FATEFUL DAY

GPO SPEAKS ON HIS FATEFUL DAY
AFTERNOON OF 5TH MARCH 2009

Thursday, December 17, 2009

BY GEORGE GACHARA

Tribute To Oscar Kingara and GPO Oulu



To my fallen hero I sit down to write this, red-eyed, after a long day of tears.

It is with deep distress and pain that I have learnt about your shameful assassination. The pain that I feel stems from my deep attachment to you, to our people and to our land; all of which we have in common. Bro today I lost you, every gun shot you braved, was a dagger in my heart, but it is a heart connected to a precious body.

GPO you were a great guy. I can't think of a time that I spoke to you and you didn't have a smile on your face, good times or bad. I remember your confidence and humor, you always said “relax am on top of things” even when you were not. Bro you have served your people and your country with HONOR, you have been exemplified in life and death. I feel in my own flesh the deep pain and the despair caused by your death. I humbly accept these feelings as one more proof of my fragility as a human being, and of the deep links of solidarity and mutuality that we shared I am aware of the fact that unfortunately these cruel events have become a daily occurrence in Kenya, making human life increasingly precarious and the every one with an opinion more vulnerable to becoming victims of such savagery.

Today I raise my prophetic voice in condemnation of this and all the killings that are extinguishing the precious gift of life of men, May our enemies, the bastards and their mouth pieces now go to the hell. I pray for a smidgen of peace and wisdom in these moments of pain and indignation.

I am truly comforted, for I am the lucky one just for today.

VENGEANCE IS OURS

George Gachara

No comments:

Post a Comment